You are not logged in.

#1 2013-02-28 22:57:12

lekaf974

[xorg]keyboard (solved)

I'm testing archBSD and before make an install on a real computer, I make some tests in a virtual machine. I didn't have any problems during the install of the system and I want to install a desktop environment.
First I can't use use locale-gen same as in archlinux to have my keyboard in azerty and with xorg I create a file 10-keyboard.conf in /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.con.d with

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "keyboard"
        MatchIsKeyboard "on"
        Driver "kbd"
	Option "XkbLayout" "fr"
EndSection

but it doesn't work can you help me ?

Thanks.

Last edited by lekaf974 (2013-03-01 22:16:39)

if(bug)
    "read the manual !";

#2 2013-03-01 10:57:44

dvorak

Re: [xorg]keyboard (solved)

# setxkbmap fr

works?

"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity."  — Dennis Ritchie

#3 2013-03-01 13:11:26

Blµb
Administrator

Do you happen to have a single config file as well, ie "/etc/X11/xorg.conf" or "/usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf"? Also test /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d just so we can be sure we didn't miss something in the PKGBUILD.
If you do not use a full xorg.conf at all, create one with `Xorg -configure` and try changing the keyboard section there. (InputDevice rather than InputSection section)
I never really digged into xorg's configuration as it just went through so many different types there... I set my layout in my .xinitrc, but I realize this is not the best solution for desktop users... (For me it makes sense though as I use a customized version of us-intl while other people on my machine always expect a german layout wink )

/var/log/Xorg.0.log should also give you some insight I think.

#4 2013-03-01 22:12:09

lekaf974

@Blµb

/var/log/Xorg.0.log should also give you some insight I think.

This help me to found the solution

Thanks

if(bug)
    "read the manual !";

#5 2013-03-02 09:28:10

scjet

@lekaf974

glad to hear it's solved.
If you don't mind, can you please post a small how-you-arrived at your solution ? ... so others can gain from this as well.

Thanks.  smile

Last edited by scjet (2013-03-02 09:30:52)

#6 2013-03-03 22:05:34

lekaf974

@lekaf974
glad to hear it's solved.
If you don't mind, can you please post a small how-you-arrived at your solution ? ... so others can gain from this as well.

I create a new xorg.conf file and move it in /usr/local/etc/X11/ folder, then I modify the keyboard's section.

# X -configure
# cp xorg.conf.new /usr/local/etc/X11/

The reading of the /var/log/Xorg0.log file tells me that the X server didn't add my configuration, the server layout loaded  <default keyboard> and not "keyboard"  in the 10-keyboard.conf I created. I didn't make more search because I didn't have much time but I'll find how it can be ok without create a xorg.conf file when I'm less busy.

P.S : I do not usually write in English so excuse me if this is a bit messy (it's good for me !).

if(bug)
    "read the manual !";

Board footer